The Careers and Business Relations team have organised a special one-day workshop for Regent’s University London students and alumni wishing to set up a business in the UK or planning to enter any UK based profession on a freelance or self-employed basis.
The workshop will be delivered by Denis Goussarov who is a UK business owner himself and a company director. Denis settled in the UK after several high-flying years in multinational corporations. He launched his management consultancy, Marketing Traction International Ltd, seven years ago and now works for major blue-chip brands across Europe, including Renault, Heineken, TBWA, BBDO and Leo Burnett.
You will have the opportunity to learn:
- The main options for incorporating a business in the UK.
- The legal obligations of business owners and directors.
- How to manage business expenses and minimise tax.
- Important practical steps such as incorporating a company, hiring an accountant and obtaining a legal advice, choosing a name for your business, registering trademarks, obtaining licenses and insurances, employing people and record keeping.
- As well as further sources of practical information and advice.
The first workshop will be taking place on Saturday 8th March 2014, however it is already fully booked.
If you’re a Regent’s University London student or alumni, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the next business start-up workshop. You will be placed on a waiting list and will be informed when a space opens up.